Spinach - 1 cup (Fresh or Frozen)
Moong Dal - 1/4 cup
Black-Eyed Peas - 1/4 cup
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Soak the Black-Eyed Peas for 2 hours in enough water.
- Cook the soaked peas and moong dal in a separate vessel placed in pressure cooker for 2-3 whistle.
- Cook the spinach with sambar powder, split green chillies, turmeric powder, asafetida and salt in enough water.
- Add the cooked peas and dal. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add it to the spinach and mix well.
p.s. Thank you all for your heartfelt condolences. It was thoughtful and kind of you to take time to share your memories of Sanjeev with us. Your words were source of strength for our family and to Sanjeev's family in this difficult time. Thank you.