All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Ground ginger - 1 TBSP
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Unsalted Butter - 1 stick (1/2 cup, at room temperature)
Sugar - 1 cup
Freshly grated, peeled fresh ginger - 1/4 to1/3 cup
Flax seed powder - 1 TBSP (mixed with 3 TBSP water)
Unsulfured Molasses - 1/3 cup
Raisins - 3/4 cup
Sanding Sugar for rolling ( I used regular turbinado - raw sugar)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt.
- In an another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in fresh ginger, flax seed mixture and molasses.
- Beat in flour mixture. Fold in raisins.
- Scoop dough into 11/2 - inch balls onto a parchment - lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Roll balls in sugar and place 2 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until centers are just set, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks and let it cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.