Fresh Coriander / Kothamalli - 2 Bunches
Peeled and Chopped Ginger - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 10 or to taste
Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Asafetida - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Sesame Oil - 4 TBSP
- Cut the roots of the coriander and keep the stems. Wash it thoroughly.
- Grind the coriander, ginger and green chillies with enough water to a smooth and thick paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Pour the ground mixture and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, asafetida and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Keep the flame on medium heat and keep stirring till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Let it cool completely before storing.