Basil - 1 cup (washed and dried)
Jalapeno - 2 or to taste
Garlic - 2 cloves
Walnuts or Almonds - 1/2 cup
Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
Salt- to taste
- In a food Processor, add walnuts or almonds and pulse to a corse powder.
- Add the jelapeno and garlic and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the dried basil leaves and pulse roughly.
- Add oilve oil slowly while continuing to pulse.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve with pasta or as a dip for bread.