Sprouted Mixed Lentils - 2 cups
Pav or Hamburger buns - as needed
I used moth(matki) beans, whole moong dal, black eyed peas and dried white peas. Mix all the beans, wash and soak over night. Next day drain the water and sprout.
|Sprouted Mixed Lentils|
For the sauce:
Onion - 2, large
Tomato - 2, chopped
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
White Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
| Boiled lentils (usal), spicy sauce, onion, cilantro, |
grated mango and farsan
Red chilies - 5 or to taste
Black pepper corns - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch piece
Cloves - 5
Garlic - 2
Grated Coconut - 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafetida - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 4 TBSP
For the topping: Misal
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Fresh coriander / cilantro - 1/2 bunch, finely chopped
Grated raw green mango (optional)
Farsan, spicy mixture or fine sev - as needed
Lemon wedges - as needed
- Boil the sprouted lentils with enough water and salt in the pressure cooker.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, black peeper and red chilies.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until it gives nice aroma.
- Add the grated coconut and fry until golden brown. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Let it cool.
- Grind the spice mixture, onion and garlic along with chopped tomatoes to a fine, thick paste. Add water as needed while grinding.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground paste and mix well. Add asafetida, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cover and cook the paste until oil separates.
- Add some water to the sauce and bring it to a boil. The sauce should look like a thin soup.
- Cover and cook the sauce for 15 minutes.
- Place some boiled lentils in a bowl. Pour the sauce over it. Top it with chopped onions, grated mango, chopped cilantro and farsan. Garnish with lemon wedge.
- Serve with pav or hamburger buns.