Tomatoes - 4
Fresh Cilantro / Kothamalli - 1 bunch
Green Chilies - 2
Red Chili - 2
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Salt - to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 2 tsp
Asafetida - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
- Place tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes and remove the skin. Chop and keep it aside.
- Wash and chop the coriander.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add green chilies, red chilies and ginger. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro and cook for a minute.
- Once cooled, puree the mixture in a blender or food processor along with salt.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and fry till golden brown. Add asafetida and immediately pour the oil over chutney and mix well.
- Serve with idli or doasi.
Sending this to Priya's The Chutney Chow Down Event.