Cauliflower - 1 cut into bite size florets
Green pepper - 1 cut into big chunks
Green onions - 2 TBSP chopped
For the batter:
Corn flour - 2 TBSP
Corn meal - 2 TBSP
Corn starch - 1 TBSP
All Purpose flour - 1 TBSP
salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
Water - for mixing
(This is purely my own version for the batter)
For the sauce:
Ginger - 1 TBSP grated
Garlic - 2 cloves chopped
Green chillies - 2 chopped
Tomato ketchup - 4 TBSP
Red chilli sauce - 4 TBSP or to taste
White vinegar - 2 tsp
Soy sauce - 4 TBSP or to taste
Corn starch - 2 TBSP
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
- Wash the cauliflower florets and semi boil them in hot water for 2 minutes. Strain and pat dry. (Alternatively you can cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 2 minutes)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingrediants from the batter list with enough water to make a thick batter.
- Mix in the cauliflower and coat the batter evenly.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread the coated cauliflower and spary with coooking spray.
- Bake until brown. Make sure to flip the cauliflower half way through.
- While it's baking, prepare the sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry the chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add the green pepper and green onion and fry for 30 seconds. Do not over cook the green peppers.
- Now add the ketchup, red chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, corn starch and salt mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the baked cauliflower to the sauce and mix throughly.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Adjust the spice level according to your taste.