Frozen shelled Edamame - 1/2 cup
Avocado - 1, pitted
Jalapeno or Serrano peppers - 2 or to taste
White or yellow onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Plum tomato - 1, scoop the pulp out and finely chopped
Cilantro - 1/2 cup
Garlic clove - 1 or 2
Lemon juice from 1 lemon or to taste
Salt - to taste
- Blanch frozen edamame in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove and place it in cold water with ice to stop the cooking process. Strain the water.
- In a food processor, add edamame, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Pulse until all chopped and smooth.
- Add avocado and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer guacamole into a bowl and add the chopped onion and tomato.
- Mix well. Check for seasoning. Add more salt and lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips. This can be used as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.