Spaghetti Squash - 1 cup (cooked)
Red Bell Pepper - 2
Tomato - 1 big (chopped)
Onion - 1 small (diced)
Garlic - 1 clove (optional)
Green Chillies - 2 or to taste
Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1 TBSP
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Splash of heavy cream (optional)
How to cook Spaghetti Squash?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the Spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
Place the squash on the baking tray, cut sides up and bake it for an hour or until tender.
Scrape the inside with a fork
Preparing the soup:
- Roast the red bell pepper in the oven or directly on the stove top until it turns black in color.
- Let it cool completely and scrap the skin off. Chop and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic, cumin seeds, black pepper, ginger and fennel seeds until the onion is soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft. Let it cool.
- In a blender, grind the onion, tomato mixture along with roasted red bell pepper and the spaghetti squash with enough water to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer it to a large pot. If needed, add more water. Add salt and heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
Add cooked squash in to your soup for a noodle soup.
Sending this to Priya's CWS event.