Almonds - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup (Raw/turbinado or regular) I used raw sugar
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Canola oil - 2 tsp
Honey - 2 TBSP
Water - 2 TBSP
- Spread the almonds in a non stick baking tray and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until well toasted. Keep it aside.
- Mix sugar and salt throughly.
- In a sauce pan mix in the oil, honey and water and bring it to boil.
- Add the toasted almonds and mix throughly to coat. Stir and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and salt mix to the almonds and mix until they are evenly coated. About 5 minutes.
- Spread the almonds in a parchment paper. Let it cool completely.
- Store it in a air-tight container.