Spinach - 1 Bunch
Butter Beans - 2 cans (15oz)
Onion - 1 chopped
Tomato - 2 chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves
Green Chilies - 5
Low fat Coconut Milk - 1 can
Aniseed / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
Red chili Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 TBSP
- Trim the ends of the spinach and wash it thoroughly.
- Wash the butter beans thoroughly.
- Boil 1/4 cup of water in a pan and place the spinach and cook for 2 minutes just until they wilt.
- Remove from the pan and let it cool. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the same pan and add aniseed, chopped onion, green chilies and garlic.
- Fry until the onion turns transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Remove and let it cool. Grind to a paste.
- Heat 2 TBSP of oil in a pan and add the ground onion paste, garam masala and chili powder. Fry until oil separates.
- Now add the ground spinach, butter beans and salt and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, mix thoroughly and cook for another 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.