Horse Gram / Kollu - 1 cup (soaked overnight and sprouted)
Grated Carrot - 1/2 cup
Grated Ginger - 2 tsp
Chopped Green Chillies - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 TBSP
Black Pepper Powder - to taste
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Few Curry leaves
Chopped Fresh Coriander or Mint Leaves - 2 tsp
- Pressure cook the sprouted horse gram with some water for 8 to 10 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, grated ginger, Green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Drain the horse gram and save the water. (The water can be used to make rasam.)
- Add the horse gram to the pan and mix well. Add salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Now add the grated carrots, lemon juice and chopped coriander or mint leaves.
- Toss and serve.