Mixed vegetables - 2 cups
(Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower, Corn)
Plum Tomatoes - 2 (chopped into medium pieces)
Coconut Milk (Light or Regular) - 1 Can
Salt - to taste
Fresh Coriander - for garnish
Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus) - 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Cashews - 5
Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch piece
Clove - 2
Cardamom - 1
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Green Chillies - 5
Fresh Coriander - 2 tsp
- Soak Poppy Seeds and Cashews in hot water for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under the to grind list along with the soaked poppy seeds and cashews into a fine paste.
- Cut Potatoes, Carrots and Cauliflower into small cubes and boil along with peas and Corn until tender.
- Add the ground paste and salt to the boiled vegetables.
- Let it boil for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes and cook on a low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and garnish with fresh coriander.