Moong Dal Flour (store bought) - 1 cup
Roasted Split Gram dal / Pottukadalai / Dalia - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 to 1 1/4 cup
Ghee - 3 to 4 TBSP or little less than 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Take the roasted gram, and dry roast in a skillet on low-med heat. For about 2 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a blender, grind the roasted gram / Pottukadalai / dalia to a fine powder. Keep it aside.
- In the same blender, place the sugar and make a fine powder.
- In a skillet, on a low heat, roast moong dal flour until it gives a nice aroma. Let it cool completely.
- Sift both flours in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add 1 cup sugar first and if you think you need more sugar add the rest. Mix in the cardamom powder.
- Melt the ghee.
- Slowly add the hot melted ghee to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Once you are able to form a ball, stop pouring the ghee.
- Mix thoroughly and start making round balls.
- If you find hard to form balls, sprinkle little bit milk (about 1 tsp) to the mixture.
- Store it in a airtight container.