Verkadalai / Dry Peanuts - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 2 TBSP
Lemon Juice - 1 TBSP (optional)
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 2
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Few curry leaves
Spice powder: Dry roast until fragrant and grind to a fine powder
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Whole black pepper - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
White sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Soak the peanuts in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain and pressure cook with 1 cup of water and salt for 3 to 4 whistles. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add urad dal, red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the drained peanuts and mix well. Add the ground spice powder and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a minute. Adjust salt.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Mix in the lemon juice and serve.