Wishing You all a Very Happy Pongal / Sankranti
Sweet Potato - 4
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Coarse Sooji / Rava - 2 TBSP
Rice Flour - 1 TBSP
Pinch of Slat
Ghee - 2 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, rava, and rice flour, salt and ghee. Add enough water and make a soft dough. Cover and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Cook sweet potato until soft in a pressure cooker or on stove top.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small pieces and mash it well.
- Add sugar to the mashed potato and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Keep it aside to cool.
- Add cardamom and mix it well.
- Grease a plastic sheet or a plantain leaf with some ghee and take a lemon sized dough and flatten it.
- Take a doubled amount of sweet potato mixture and place it in the middle of the dough and close the edges.
- Flatten the dough ball into medium size discs with your fingers using some ghee.
- Heat a skillet and fry the discs on both sides using some more ghee.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.