Swiss Chard - 1 bunch (washed and chopped with stems)
Cubanelle peppers - 5 (cut into long strips)
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Tomato- 2 (chopped)
Grated Ginger - 2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 2 tsp
Sambar Powder - 2 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, broken red chillies, urad dal and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until translucent. Add the grated ginger, chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sambar powder, chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the cubanelle peppers, mix to coat the spices, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes stirring couple of times in between. Make sure not to over cook. Peppers should be little tender and crunchy.
- Now add the chopped chard and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cook uncovered for 5 -7 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.