Here is an easy to make semi-homemade Mexican pizza recipe (or is there a recipe?)
- Tostada shells or Tortillas
- Refried beans - 1-16oz can (I used organic vegetarian beans)
- Black beans - 1-15oz can, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Mexican cheese - 1 pack
- Hot salsa or sauce - 1 cup
- Green pepper - 1/2, finely chopped
- Red pepper - 1/2, finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2, finely chopped
- Black olives - 1/2 cup, sliced
- Scallions / Green onion - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Sour cream - for garnishing
- Place the canned refried beans in a saucepan and heat it through.
- Take one tostada or tortilla and spread the refried beans. Drizzle some hot sauce on top.
- Place another tostada shell or tortilla on top. Spread some hot sauce.
- Top it with the veggies. Place it in a microwave and cook for 40 seconds.
- Remove and top it with cheese and the green onion, Microwave for another 30 seconds or until the cheese melts.
- Remove and cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Note: If making four or five pizzas at a time, using an oven works well.
Place the prepared pizzas with veggies in a baking tray and bake it in the hot oven (350 degrees F) for a minute or so, and then top it with cheese and bake until the cheese melts.