For the batter:
All Purpose Flour - 2 1/4 cups plus 2 TBSP, divided
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 TBSP
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Milk - 1 1/4 cups (I used almond milk)
Oil - 1/4 cup (Vegetable or Canola)
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Blueberries - 1 1/4 cups (fresh or frozen - not thawed)
Flour - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2 TBSP
Cold Butter or Margarine - 2 TBSP
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- In another bowl, toss blueberries with the remaining 2 TBSP flour.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Add blueberries and gently combine.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar and butter or margarine and mix with your finger until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup until almost full.
- Evenly sprinkle topping on each muffin.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins or golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove and let it cool completely.
Sending this to Lisa's Sweet for a Saturday #17
Recipe from Kris Holechek's Vegan Baking book.