All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 TBSP
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Ener-G Egg Replacer - 1 1/2 tsp (mix thoroughly in 2 TBSP of water)
Powdered Sugar - for garnishing
Oil - for deep frying
A funnel with 1/2 inch tip
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, milk, salt and baking powder. Mix well. (Use whisk to prevent lumps)
- Add the Ener-G replacer mixture, sugar and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Take a funnel and close the tip using a finger and fill it with batter. (about half the funnel)
- Release the finger from the funnel and allow the batter to flow in a circular motion in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on one side and flip it to the other side to fry.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve warm.