Shelled Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Green pepper / Capsicum - 4-5 (cut into big chunks)
Jaggery - 1 TBSP
Salt - to taste
For the paste:
Coriander Seeds - 2 tsp
White Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp
Red Chilies - 4 or to taste
Whole Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Grated fresh Coconut - 3 TBSP
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Few Curry Leaves
- Pressure cook peanuts in 3/4 cup water for 2 whistles.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and fry all the ingredients for the paste (except coconut and tamarind paste) until golden brown.
- Let it cool, mix in coconut and tamarind paste and grind to a smooth paste with 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the green peppers and fry for 2 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the ground paste. Add salt and jaggery. Mix well. Bring it to a boil.
- Simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the boiled peanuts and green peppers and simmer for another five minutes.
- Serve hot with plain rice or roti.