Potatoes - 3, large, boiled and peeled
Onion - 1, large, diced into chunks
Channa dal - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2, chopped
Ginger - 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves and fresh coriander leaves - few springs
Oil - 2 TBSP
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add channa and urad dals. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the cut onions, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves.
- Saute until translucent, but still crunchy to the bite.
- Add 1 cup of water. turmeric powder and salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with hand and add it to the boiling water.
- Mix thoroughly. Let it cook until the masala thickens.
- Masala should be slightly loose but at the same time thick in consistency. Add water accordingly.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with poori or doasi.