Broken Wheat / Godhumai Ravai - 11/2 cups
Thoor Dal - 1/2 cup
Tamarind Paste - 2 tsp
Bisibelabhath Powder - 2 TBSP
Mixed Vegetables (fresh or frozen) - 2 cups~cut into small cubes ( I used frozen vegetables like Green pepper, Beans, Carrots, Cauliflower and Brocoli)
Onion - 1 diced
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Asafetida - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Water - 5 cups
Cashews - 5
Ghee - 1 TBSP
Oil - 2 tsp
Few currry leaves
- Cook broken wheat and toor dal together with 5 cups of water in a pressue cooker for 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Add the diced onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add 2 cups of water and add the tamarind paste, turmeric powder, asafetida, salt and curry leaves.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes. Add the the bisibelabhath powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked broken wheat, dal mixture and combine well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a small pan, roast the cashews in ghee. Add it to the mixture. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.