Sooji / Rava / Cream of Wheat - 1 cup
Ajwain / Carom Seeds - 1/8 tsp
Oil - 1TBSP
Green Chili - 2 finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp grated
Water - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
ENO Fruit Salt - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Spray cooking oil
For the Seasoning:
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp
Green chilies - 3 slit or to taste
Fresh Coriander / Cilantro - chopped
Oil - 2 tsp
- In a medium bowl, add Sooji, ajwain Seeds and Oil. Mix well with out any lumps.
- Add Salt, Green Chilies, Turmeric Powder and Ginger to the yogurt. Mix well.
- Add Yogurt mixture and water to Sooji and mix.
- Let the batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Slightly grease the idli mold or any deep plate. (I used mini idli mould)
- Bring enough water to a boil in a stock pot or pressure cooker.
- Add ENO fruit salt to the batter and mix well.
- Pour batter immediately into the greased plates filling only half way up and place it into the stock pot.
- Cover the stock pot and steam cook the Dhokla on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Switch off stove and remove the Dhokla from the stock pot. Let is cool for a few minutes.
- For the seasoning, heat Oil in a small skillet and add mustard and sesame seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add slit Green Chilies and let them cook for 30 – 40 seconds.
- Sprinkle chopped Cilantro Leaves on the Dhokla and pour the seasoned oil over the top.
- Cut Dhokla into desired shapes and serve with mint/coriander chutney.