Unsalted butter - 2 sticks or 1 cup, softened
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
Pure vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
All-purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
Ground almonds - 1 cup
Confectioners sugar - for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and ground almonds. Mix with electric mixer on low speed until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners sugar. Cool completely before storing.