Rice Flour - 2 cups
Moong Flour - 1 cup
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 2 TBSP or to taste
Butter - 2TBSP
Asafetida - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - for frying
- Soak peanuts for an hour with enough water and grind it to a paste.
- Combine the ground peanut paste with rice flour, moong flour, red chilli powder, salt, butter and asafetida with water to make a firm dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and take a small amount of dough and place it in a murukku mold and press it in the oil (I used thenkuzhal achu for this).
- Fry until golden brown and drain.
- Store it in a air tight container.