Gram / Besan Flour / Kadalai Maavu - 2 1/2 cups
Rice Flour / Arisi Maavu - 1 cup
Butter - 2 TBSP
Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp or to taste
Black Pepper Powder - 2 tsp (coarsely ground)
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - for frying
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add water and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fill the murukku press with dough and press it in hot oil in circular motion.
- Let it cook until golden brown on one side and flip it. Once both sides turn golden brown remove from the oil and place it on a paper towel.
- Let it cool completely and store it in air tight container.