Shredded Beetroot - 3 cups
Almond milk - 2 cups
Raw (turbinado) or granulated sugar - 1 cup
Currants or Black raisins - 1/2 cup
Roasted sliced almonds - 2 TBSP
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Ghee / clarified butter - 2 TBSP
Notes: Adding currants or raisins give natural sweetness to the dish. You can adjust the sugar level according to your taste.
You can add any nuts of your choice.
- Heat 1 TBSP ghee in a wide bottom skillet. Add the shredded beetroot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of almond milk and cook the beetroot for 10 minutes on low flame. Stir every now and then for even cooking.
- Add the currants or raisins and cook until all the milk evaporates. Keep stirring.
- Now add the sugar and mix well. Cook on medium flame. Stir constantly until the halva becomes thick.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee and roasted almonds. Mix well.
- Serve warm.