Yellow Cornmeal - 1 cup
All Purpose Flour - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 1/3 cups
Baking Powder - 2 TBSP
Salt - 1 tsp
Vegetable / Canola Oil - 2/3 cup
Melted Butter - 2/3 cup
Apple Sauce - 1/2 cup
Plain Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 1/2 cups
Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 4 TBSP
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom powder and salt.
- In an another bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, apple sauce, yogurt and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle 4 TBSP of sugar on top of the batter and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Serve Warm.